Einladung zur Teilnahme an der Disability Networking Zone im Rahmen der internationalen AIDS Conference:
The international AIDS conference will be held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 23-27 July 2018. It’s important that persons with disabilities are not left behind in the global response to HIV. How do we ensure that persons with disabilities get good access to HIV information, counselling, testing, treatment and care?
Therefore, we are organizing the Disability Networking Zone during the AIDS2018 conference. The DNZ will provide a space for the disability community to network, for visitors to learn more about the intersection between Disability and HIV care and prevention, and for persons with disabilities and/or those living with HIV, researchers, advocates and policy makers to present on and discuss this topic.
We’re now open to applications: share your stories and help us make this DNZ a success!
We are calling for participation from grassroots and national DPOs, NGOs, Faith-Based Organizations, networks, researchers, institutions and other organisations and leaders in the field of disability and HIV from around the world to join us.
We invite you to apply to host an activity related to disability and HIV such as:
1. Exhibition posters on examples of Good Practice
2. Presentations and discussions on Good Practice or innovative advocacy ideas
3. Presentations of new research findings and evidence
4. Interactive skills-building sessions of Good Practice
5. Film screenings
6. Testimonies of people with disability who also are infected or affected by HIV and people living with HIV
7. Presentation of policy papers and information material
8. Round table discussions with key stakeholders in the field of HIV and/or disability
How to apply?
Complete and submit the application to Vernon Openshaw (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your application form should include contact details and not exceed 2 pages. You will be notified if your session has been accepted by 30th May 2018.
Further Information: Call for participation DNZ AIDS2018.pdf