- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Using Artificial Intelligence to enhance accessibility – Opportunities and risks of emerging technologies for persons with disabilities
16. November 2018 · 14:30
On 16 November, the European Disability Forum (EDF) and Österreichischer Behindertenrat will host and event on “Using Artificial Intelligence to enhance accessibility – Opportunities and risks of emerging technologies for persons with disabilities”.
Please register online: Registration
The event will fully explore the potential of emerging technologies and will focus on technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and aims to debate and promote a universal design approach in their development, supporting enhanced accessibility for persons with disabilities. The event will be sponsored by Microsoft, Facebook, Google, Amazon, My Handicap and Essl Foundation. It will be a unique opportunity for delegates and experts of the European disability movement to exchange their views with major technological companies, get to know their AI-based solutions and brainstorm together about the future of accessibility.
The event is divided in three panels. The first one will focus on Artificial Intelligence and leading technology companies will have the opportunity to explain their position and initiatives on this topic. The second panel will focus on showcasing solutions and best practices in accessibility for people with disabilities. Finally, the third panel will open up the discussion among all the participants: persons with disabilities, ICT experts and companies’ representatives will brainstorm together about the future of accessibility.
Goals of the event
- Collect input towards a new report on emerging technologies describing the opportunities, challenges and risks that these new technologies may entail for persons with disabilities, in which several ICT players have contributed with interviews.
- Supporting organisations of persons with disabilities (DPOs) in being aware of the main technology trends and how these can affect the lives of persons with disabilities.
- Develop understanding of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Virtual Reality, Smart Homes, etc. and how these emerging technologies can be made accessible and enhance accessibility for persons with disabilities.
- To showcase worth-knowing solutions and practices that could be picked up by OPDs and persons with disabilities, and ICT companies and organisations to receive feedback from persons with disabilities on those solutions and practices.
- To facilitate networking between OPDs and ICT companies and organisations.
14:30 – 14:45 Welcome remarks
Yannis VARDAKASTANIS, EDF President
Gabriele SPRENGSEIS, Chief Executive of the Austrian Disability Council
14:45 – 15:30 Setting the scene – Moderator: Michael FEMBEK, Essl Foundation
Adina BRAHA-HONCIUC (Ellis), Government Affairs Manager – Accessibility, Sustainability and Online safety, EU – Microsoft
Anna-Verena NAETHER, Public Policy and Government Relations Senior Analyst – Google
Monica DESAI, Public Policy Director, Facebook
15:30 – 16:15 Showcasing solutions – Moderator: Kamil GOUNGOR, chair of the EDF Youth Committee
Hector MINTO, Technology Evangelist, Accessibility, Microsoft
Constantin GISSLER, EU Policy Manager for devices – Amazon
Wilfried KAINZ, Essl Foundation
Pilar ORERO, UAB & Marcel BOBELDIJK – EFHOH – EU projects on media accessibility
16:15 – 16:45 Coffee break
16:45 – 17:45 Opening of the discussion – Moderator: Alejandro MOLEDO, EDF Policy Coordinator
Klaus HOCKNER – member of the Commission High Level Group on Artificial Intelligence
Katherine PERRY – EDF-Google 2018 fellowship programme
Carine MARZIN – Accessibility Expert presenting the EDF report on Emerging Technologies
Roundtable discussions in groups
17:45 – 18:00 Conclusions and closing remarks
Reporting back from roundtable discussions – Humberto INSOLERA, EDF Executive Committee member
18.30 – 20.00 Buffet dinner
Please click here to register
Follow on Twitter with the #AIAccess Hashtag